I’m the author of Bottle Tops: The Art of El Anatsui, illustrated by Elizabeth Zunon (Lee & Low Books, 2022), a winner of the Children’s Africana Book Award and a Booklist Editors’ Choice for Youth, I Love You for Miles and Miles, illustrated by Mike Yamada (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2017), and two forthcoming picture books with Jewish cultural themes, including 18 Flowers for Grandma, illustrated by Jesse White (Red Comet Press, 2024).
Before becoming a children’s writer, I worked for economic justice organizations and co-wrote the resource guide, Creating Change Through Family Philanthropy: The Next Generation (Soft Skull Press, 2007). My articles about giving, activism, and economic justice have been published in magazines and journals.
I vividly remember my introduction to the editing process in the fourth grade and I still find cutting and pasting to be thrilling. These days I love researching everything from marine life to contemporary art for my books. I’ve also blogged about activism in children’s literature at The Bull Horn (formerly called M is for Movement). I’m a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, GrubStreet, the London Writers’ Salon, and The Writing Barn.
In addition to writing, I offer critique services for picture book creators.
I’m also a co-founder of Candleschtick.
Signed copies of my books are available from Porter Square Books.
For information about school visits, please contact me here.
Interviews and posts:
- “Exploring the Art of Research with Author Alison Goldberg” (24 Carrot Writing, 5/31/22)
- “Art from the Everyday: A Guest Post by Alison Goldberg” (Lee & Low Blog, 5/18/22)
- “Get to Know… Alison Goldberg!” (Jarrett Lerner, 12/21/18)
- “Goals for Promoting Your Debut Picture Book” (24 Carrot Writing, 7/9/18)
- “Sharing a Love of Reading” (Scholastic News Kids Press Corps, 5/18/18)
- “10 Recent Picture Books With a Lot of Heart” (PragmaticMom, 2/14/18)
- “Celebration of Life Day and Interview with Alison Goldberg” (Celebrate Picture Books, 1/22/18)
- “I Love You for Miles and Miles” (Karlin Gray, 1/8/18)
- “Love and excavators” (Kate Tuttle, The Boston Globe, 12/22/17)
- “Two-Debut Interview” (Picture the Books, 12/21/17)
- “Interview with Alison Goldberg” (Pine Reads Review, 12/15/17)
- “Author Spotlight: Alison Goldberg” (Kidlit 411, 12/15/17)
- “Alison Goldberg: Will Write for Cookies” (Vivian Kirkfield, 12/9/17)
- “Meet world-changing author Alison Goldberg” (Jess Keating Presents: The Curious Creative 12/17)
- “Children’s Book Authors And Their Little Free Libraries” (Book Riot, 5/12/17)
- “Meet Alison Goldberg, #Kidlit Picture Book Debut Author” (Writers’ Rumpus, 3/14/17)
- “Alison Goldberg’s Big Moment!” (Books in the Meadow, 1/21/16)